Title: Logistics Analyst III Supervisor: VP, Innovation & Partnering
Objective(s) of Position: LTi is seeking a Logistics Analyst III to support clients in the management or direction of logistics support for one or more programs, including appropriate supporting organizations on a Marine Corps Systems Command project. The Logistician will provide logistics, sustainment, and Life Cycle support; training; advice; and recommendations. The support is concerned with developing or performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: This position includes the following regular duties:
- Serves as a logistics consultant to clients.
- Implements DoD Acquisition and Life-cycle Management policies and procedures.
- Identifies all requirements and activities needed to provide comprehensive logistical support.
- Integrates the actions and schedules of each requirement and activity into a comprehensive logistics plan in support of or to be incorporated into overall program plans.
- Determines resources (e.g. funds, manpower, facilities, equipment, supplies, and services) required to fulfill the logistics plans.
- Prepares, reviews, and revises logistics documentation applicable to each program/ project through all phases of the acquisition cycle.
- Monitors progress toward meeting the logistics plan(s), identifies the cause and impact of delays or other problems, and recommends actions to prevent or overcome such delays or problems.
- Follows and maintains quality assurance processes governing development of logistics documentation.
- Conducts studies, prepares reports, and advises on feasibility, cost effectiveness, and regulatory conformance of plans, proposals, and/or special projects.
- Develops and recommends improvements for policy and procedures.
- Tracks program deliverables.
- Evaluates plans for and provision of logistical support for feasibility, efficiency, and economy, and to develop alternatives when required.
- Supports logistics assessments and milestone reviews in preparation for evaluations, demonstrations, fielding, and transitions.
- Follows established procedures and provides creative input on new approaches to fulfill project goals.
- Reviews the work of lower level personnel.
- Mentors and provides training and guidance to lower level personnel.
- Maintains regular work attendance.
- Obtains and maintains any security clearances or licenses required by client to perform work.
- May perform supervisory duties to subordinate Logistics Analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge and Experience) - The successful candidate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Specific experience with Acquisition related documentation. Resume and interview must show adequate experience with Marine Corps Acquisition and the processes.
- Demonstrated experience in DoD Acquisition in policies and procedures with a familiarity of DoD 5000 Series and Marine Corps Acquisition Guidebook.
- Must be able to work independently and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and written.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and SharePoint). Minimum of 4-year college degree with 6-10 years of experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or related discipline. A High School Diploma plus ten (10) years relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of six (6) years of Logistics Analyst experience or DoD acquisition.
- Must be familiar with the DoD acquisition process.
- Must be well versed in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Project.
- Secret clearance required.
General Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Some travel may be required.
- Lifting required which can range to 70 pounds.
Logis-Tech, inc is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking firstname.lastname@example.org